Battle Chess 4000
|Installation Tips:||To Install Battle Chess 4000:
DOS Installation -
To start Battle Chess 4000:
|FAQ:||1. Problem: No selection for your super VGA card in setup program, or video card not compatible with selection made during setup process.
Solution: Select any one of the provided selections while in the setup program. Copy VESA driver from utility disks provided by video card manufacturer into "BC4000" directory. Some VGA cards have the VESA driver located on the BIOS. If this is the case, remove all VESA.EXE and VESA.COM files from the BC4000 directory.
2. Problem: Receiving error message "No expanded memory manager found", but EMM386.EXE is installed. Solution: Remove NOEMS option from EMM386.EXE line in CONFIG.SYS file and replace with RAM. Your line should resemble the following:
3. Problem: Receiving "Program runs best in 256 colors" while running Microsoft Windows version of game. Solution: Install the 640x480x256 mode video driver for Windows. Consult your video card manual on how to do this.
6. Problem: Receive error: "No sound card found, or BLASTER environment variable not set". Solution: Verify that the SET BLASTER line is setup accurately. You should have a line in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file that resembles the following:
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1
7. Problem: When queen takes the knight, the game locks up and displays the following error message: "Shape too big". Solution: Make sure memory requirements for game are met. The game may not run correctly on hard drives using disk compression software. Boot system clean and re-install on a non-compressed hard drive.
8. Problem: When trying to start a modem play game, you receive an error message stating "Internal error #80.". Solution: This error message is caused by a conflict between the modem and the mouse. Move the modem to either COM 1 or COM 2. Modems are NOT supported on COM 3 or COM 4.
9. Problem: Game quits after starting and stays in memory. Solution: You need a 100% compatible mouse driver like MSMOUSE 8.2.