Q: I am getting strange video/audio/input problems or getting an error about a missing DLL file.
A: The game requires that you have the current version of DirectX installed. You will want to install DirectX from the CD before attempting to play the game. You can either install it from the autorun menu or by double-click on the DX5ENG file found within a DirectX folder on the CDROM. If you have obtained the Demo version of the game DirectX is not included. You can download the newest end-user version of DirectX from the following address:
Please reference our DirectX troubleshooting guide if you continue to experience troubles with DirectX.
Q: The game is crashing when I attempt to run it.
A: This could actually be caused by a couple of different reasons. You will want to check the following:
- The game requires that you have the current version of DirectX installed. You will want to reference the answer to the above question and/or our DirectX troubleshooting guide.
- This may also be caused by another program runnning in the background. You will want to do the following:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL. This will bring up a "Close Program" box.
- The only items listed should be Explorer and Systray
- Highlight any other item listed
- Click on End Task
- Continue back with step 1 until Explorer and Systray are the only items listed.
- Try running the game again.
Q: I am experiencing difficulty connecting to the Interplay Matching Service
A: You will want to make sure that you are connected to your Internet Service Provider before attempting to start MAX2.
Q: I have DirectX 6 and the autorun menu comes up with a couple of options (Install & Install DirectX). Whatever I do the game will not install.
A: The autorun installer is checking for DX5 and unfortunately will put you in a loop if you have a newer version of DirectX. You you want to Explore the CD and run the SETUP.EXE manually. When it prompts you to install DirectX simply say NO and the game should install fine.
Q: I have the demo and DirectX 6. The install is telling me I need DirectX 5.
A: The demo was released before DirectX6 and does a check for version 5. Unfortunately you will not be able to run the game on a computer that has any other version of DirectX other than 5.